[Tango-artists] Toronto icon design internship

Matt Chaput matt at sidefx.com
Thu Apr 6 12:40:41 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Just wanted to point out an internship we have this summer here in
Toronto at Side Effects Software Inc. (http://www.sidefx.com/) to do
icon design for our flagship 3D effects and animation product, Houdini.

The job basically involves illustrating lots and lots of icons in the
Tango style, representing different functions of the software. We
anticipate using Inkscape since we want SVG icons.

Your work will be seen in all the major film studios, probably shown
prominently in our marketing for the next version, and would be a great
way to beef up a sample book!

- Illustration training/experience
- Expertise in vector graphics packages, esp. Inkscape
- Dedicated to clear communication and design
- Familiarity with 3D software a plus

This internship is in our Toronto office and you will be required to
work on site.

If this sounds interesting, or you know anyone who might be interested,
please contact Jenny Blacklock (jenny at sidefx.com) with a resume and
vector illustration samples, or to get a more detailed job description.

Side Effects Software is a world leader in the development of advanced
3D computer graphics and special effects software. Our tools are used by
animators at top film and game production facilities around the world
including Digital Domain, C.O.R.E., Sony Pictures Imageworks, D.N.A.
Productions, DreamWorks, Namco, and Electronic Arts.

Houdini Master, our flagship product, has received four back-to-back
Innovation Awards from Computer Graphics World magazine, and feature
films using Side Effects Software tools have received Academy Awards for
Best Visual Effects in six of the past seven years.

The R&D team is located at 123 Front Street West (University and Front)
in downtown Toronto adjacent to Union Station (GO Transit and TTC access).

For additional company information, please visit our web site at
www.sidefx.com.

Cheers,

Matt