[Tango-artists] Packaging GIMP icon theme

saulgoode at brickfilms.com saulgoode at brickfilms.com
Thu Aug 24 22:47:26 PDT 2006

I was asked by Sven Neumann of the GIMP project if I might be able to
package the GIMP's original icon set as a theme for the next release
(the new release is expected to include your Tango theme as the
default). I have looked into doing this and, while I suspect I could
eventually figure things out, "nice detailed instructions" are still
"forthcoming". I do not feel confident that I could accomplish the
task in a manner consistent with the release schedule, nor that my
result would be without problems.

I would presume that many subscribers to this list are familiar with
the process of creating such a "legacy" icon theme that could be
offered with the next release of the GIMP and I should like to ask if
any would be willing to undertake the task. I would be glad to offer
whatever limited assistence I can to the endeavor and I imagine that
even greater support could be found amongst the subscribers of the
GIMP Mailing List
(https://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer).

Offering the option for GIMP users to easily switch between the
historic theme and the new Tango theme might provide good feedback to
your project as well as pre-empt any possibility of a negative
reaction to the upcoming change.

Thank you for your time and consideration