[Tango-artists] PNG file format

Darius Blaszijk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Feb 5 13:54:15 PST 2006

In the previous posts, I tried to explain my problem, but maybe I was
not clear enough so I try again;

- I have a checkout from CVS on my system.
- The PNG's do not seem to work on Win machines (Josef Vybíral has the
same problem)
- only tarballs seem to give good results (again Josef did have this
experience and sent me a copy of one icon which did work here)
- I did a diff on the files and came to the conclusion that only the
header (first line) of the file differs in both versions

This is how I came to the conclusion that perhaps a commit or checkout
from CVS alters the file (for instance line ending). It reminded me to a
similar problem I had on another project.

One of the issues could for instance be that the files in CVS are tagged
as text file, but this should be binary. I have no proper knowledge of
CVS, that is why I am addressing the core team to check my story and try
to find some solution.
I think that inability of working on Windows should be a major issue,
but again that is for the core team to decide.

Darius