[Tango-artists] Folder icon should have more suitable colour (yellow)

Bodo Tasche bodo at wannawork.de
Sun Feb 26 13:02:49 PST 2006

 From a Usability-Perspective Yellow is not a good choice for Folder-
Items. Yellow is a Warning-Color and should be used accordingly.

And I know that Mozilla uses Yellow as Default and is not M$, but
this doesn't relative my argumen. There is not a good reason to do
something, because someone does it too. Blindly following some people
is not best practice.

Bodo

Am 26.02.2006 um 20:51 schrieb Daniel Schierbeck:

> I must admit that I too feel that the yellowish folder is the most
> old-skool - the other transparent or colored ones just look like,
> well, cheap plastic lookalikes.
>

> Cheers,
> Daniel
>

> Petr Tomeš wrote:
>> Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, GNOME, OpenOffice.org is
>> popular
>> and successfull open source projects runnable on many platforms and
>> operating systems. These aren't products of Microsoft, there are de
>> facto fully independent and unrelated on Microsoft, but all of them
>> use yellow folders by default artwork. Blue Tango icons are
>> inconsistent with all of them.

---
http://www.wannawork.de
http://www.tvbrowser.org