[Tango-artists] display perspective suggestion, shadows.

Sacrat sacrat at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 05:12:00 PDT 2006

Jakub Steiner пишет:
> On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 14:50 +0400, Sacrat wrote:
>

>> Well, Jakub,
>> So far I'm submitting PNG files without shadows at all, so what would
>> you think about not making them a part of the icon? This way shadows
>> (round, drop shadow, etc...) could be done automatically or
>> semi-automatically so we have no "shadow zoo".
>>

> I don't think that will work. Most of the icons have on the table
> perspective and getting that done somehow automatically is crack. As for
> the SVGs, there's a couple of solutions:
>
>       * Use a radial gradient for round objects
>       * Use a tri-object hack using two radial and a three point linear
>         gradinet (see tango icon theme scalables)
>       * Create a black shadow object and assign the blur effect manually
>         in a text editor. There used to be a bug in rsvg rendering the
>         blur effect shifted a pixel to the right. I believe it has been
>         fixed in the meantime.

OK. But what about transparency and gradient parameters? Without
unifying them we may cause even more problems for people submitting new
icons. Maybe, not setting it in a guide, but just making a note...
>> P.S.: what do you think about my suggestion about displays? If needful,
>> I could redraw these icons.
>>

> Personally I have absolutely no problem with the tilted display, but
> many people think the perspective is broken (don't get the tilted
> display bit), so maybe we could go for a boring face-on for the 22x22
> and perhaps even the scalable. Are you going to give it a go?

Doing that right now. Unfortunately this icon is among those, inaccepted
by Illustrator, so I'm currently fighting with Inkscape. I'll post a
link to the result when ready so we may see if it's worth changing...