[Tango-artists] Techniques

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Wed Jul 26 12:38:13 PDT 2006

Sacrat wrote:
> I don't know if I'm the only person having this question, but still...
> Should we have some basic techniques for creating Tango-style icons
> described?

Like this?
http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines#Suggested_Workflow_.26_Support_Files

It would be nice though if someone blogged about "common mistakes" or
something though, with pointers on how to do it right.

> Right now some smaller icons have shifted colors, compared to bigger
> versions and it's not because of some technical limitations: same
> icons can be redone without a "color loss".

What ones?
If you could send a fix for these it would be great!

> P.S.: if any, I'm even ready to try making a tutorial, covering the
> process of creating a complete icon set (all sizes + SVG) in Inkscape
> (which I do personally dislike) or Illustrator.
Sounds great!
Go ahead.
- Andreas