[Tango-artists] gnome-games preview

Jakub Steiner jimmac at novell.com
Thu Mar 16 08:35:44 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 21:21 -0600, Daniel Derozier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been putting together some gnome-games icons, and before I go any
> further, I want to make sure I'm on the right track. Please tell me
> that you think.

Hi Daniel,

These are quite nice. Would be nice to figure out something more
distinct for the card games as you can't really tell them apart. Perhaps
they should be also branded better. Gnome this, Gnome that is a little
unhelpful. How about a card and some tokens or coins for blackjack. Or a
green card table base. Back-side of a card stack for the cardgame and
leave the aisleriot icon as is.

Anyway, in terms of execution, you should take extra care about pixel
positioning the cards on the target grid. The verticals and horizontals
are a bit fuzzy. Also I'd move the shadow slightly upwards. The A on the
ace is too close to the border. Adding some whitespace is good.

There is also something really weird about rsvg rendering the card-game
icons. I get a black rectangle in the upper right corner. It's fine in
inkscape.

Keep it up! Looking forward to see your progress.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac at novell.com>