[Tango-artists] Tango Project for Windows XP

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Thu May 4 05:07:04 PDT 2006

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/27940418/

This is I believe, the one that I used. It looks like he's added support
for the Tangerine icons now as well.

For what it's worth, there's a lot more to making the icons work on
windows, than simply straight out converting the icons to ico files.
Many of the resources require the icons to be 16 color bitmaps, or
the icons in the dlls need to be available in 16, 256, and 16.8 mil
color palettes. The same icons also appear in MANY different libraries
and/or executables on the system, so you may have to replace the same
icons many times to actually find the ones that work for you in some
apps. The link above to the shell patcher is a very good starting point
though.

-- dobey