[Tango-artists] Theming OOo

Jakub Steiner jimmac at novell.com
Thu May 25 15:57:10 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 14:51 -0700, William Szilveszter wrote:
> Tobias, no, you can change icons and simpy reload GIMP for the changes.
> Do you have the icons specified correctly in the  imagerc file? There
> should be a  gtkrc file in your ~/gimp-[$version]/themes directory.  The
> gtkrc file should have a line in it to point to the imagerc file which
> contains the pointers to the icons themselves (which by default are in
> the "images" directory, but you can specify them anywhere really).
>
> The line should look like this:  include "imagerc"
>
> I will upload my imagerc file. I have 99% of the icons changed, but some
> simply dont show up and some I know to be wrong, but its the best I
> have. Perhaps someone can look through it for errors or up theres if
> they have tweaked the theme. I started creating Tango icons for it
> (screenshot for new GIMP tool interface included) and got a message from
> Jakub stating he was doing the same thing. I must confess that my work
> was sloppy and just a "get by" for the time being till he made a proper
> and refined and true Tango theme (which I nearly complete when last I
> checked his website). But that is neither here nor there.

Hi.
Just a heads up -- I'm still not completely finished with the GIMP set,
about 20-30 icons to go. Once I'm done I will write up a proposal to the
gimp-devel list to make it the new default theme. If somebody is greatly
motivated to push things forward, I can tar up what I have and put up on
the web somewhere. I do plan to pick up the work during the weekend
though.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac at novell.com>