[Tango-artists] Re: Tango icons for glChess & Gnome-Sudoku?

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Mon Nov 13 07:43:33 PST 2006

The icons should be distinct. The metaphors we have been using in
tango-icon-theme, are that the app icon metaphor is based on the
tool one might use to create the file, and the MIME icon is based
on what the file content is. For the MIME type icon, I might suggest
using the chess board, but with a chess timer clock on top, instead
of a pawn or other chess piece. This then shows that it's a "snapshot"
of a chess game.

-- dobey