[Tango-artists] Icon ideas required

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 09:41:56 PST 2006

I'm working on an Inhibit/UnInhibit applet for GNOME.

See http://hughsient.livejournal.com/9519.html for more details, but
basically this lets users use programs that can't be patched to use the
Inhibit() interface like matlab and vmware.

I'm thinking I need some icons like "busy" and "idle" to go in the
taskbar but I'm open to ideas for other visual metaphors. I was a little
surprised to not see idle and busy in the icon theme spec, as I assumed
this would be used by other programs.

For those who don't know what Inhibit() is, it's basically a method you
invoke on gnome-power-manager or gnome-screensaver to stop them doing
the automatic action - either displaying the screensaver or
auto-suspending when idle.

Ideas welcomed,

Thanks guys.

Richard.