[Tango-artists] Windows XP Icon Creation

SacRat sacrat at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 07:01:14 PDT 2006

> Jakub Steiner wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 15:42 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> >

> >> While on the topic, is there any good way to create ico-files with a
> >> free software application?
> >> I've been using Microangelo [1], and it works fine most of the time,
> but
> >> I need to run it under wine and it's non-free.
> >>

> > GIMP's ico plugin is very capable and allows to save a multi-res and
> > multi-depth ico files.
> >
> > cheers
> >

> Hm, ok, I just sent a ico to a customer made in GIMP and he wasn't able
> to use it in windows...better investigate this though, as it was the
> first time I did this.

If only you're not willing to use free-only software I would recommend
trying Axialis Icon Workshop. Had the best experience with this one. Cons:
it costs money.
I could also name some decent freware editors but sooth to say I know no
single free alternative worth mentioning :(

--
Taras "SacRat" Brizitsky, freelance UI designer