[Tango-artists] Waltz icon management system beta2 release

Josef Vybiral newsgroups at vybiral.info
Tue Apr 10 23:36:20 PDT 2007

Hi Juan,

Juan Colino píše v Po 09. 04. 2007 v 21:13 +0200:
> Here is the second beta of waltz. I hope you find this second release
> more interesting and let me know what you thing about.
>
> You just have to download it and exec the main python file, waltz.py.
> There is a README file if you have some troubles. Again I'll
> appreciate ANY feedback.

I've tested beta2 a bit and here are some of my ideas:

- as Ulisse already pointed out, the column headers should stay visible
all the time.

- What would be also good is to be able to sort icons using these
headers. You click on "name" header and icons will be sorted
alphabetically(AZ, ZA, with sizes from the smallest to the biggest
ones), when you click on "size" header, icons will be sorted from
smallest to biggest or vice versa. Now the icons are unsorted and it
makes it hard to find the right icon.

- "Open Dir" icon - I have icon texts on toolbars turned on for testing
purposes and I would suggest using "Open Directory" string instead of
short variant. Or keep it "Open" only and put there a code in Open
dialog that would decide whether user selected .theme file or only a
directory

- Window title bar could display the opened directory/index.theme file
for better orientation if user "is dancing" more then one Waltz at the
time :)

I hope some of these ideas will be useful for you. I'm looking forward
to beta3 :)

 Sincerely
   Josef Vybíral a.k.a cornelius