[Tango-artists] A call for artists of avatars...

Jason Brower encompass at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 01:57:52 PST 2007

With Tango setting a standard in desktop environments.  I felt it
important to make this point.
Memaker (Memaker.org) is a new project that has become very active very
quickly and we are currently in need of getting our artowrk organized.
Additionally, I want to have a tango theme pack that may even be the
default in the Memaker install.
To give you an idea of what Memaker is... we use avatars for so many
things today.  We want to have something that is unique but at the same
time has a familiarity that everyone can recognize. Tango has done this.
But I would like this art style to move into the Memaker project.
Would anyone be willing to help make some artwork for this project.
If you want to give Memaker a try please pull from the trunk and if you
need help from there contact me!  You can even use my jabber/gmail
account!
If we can make a tango themed set I think it would work very good in the
default install of Ubuntu.  The goal is that we have a good enough
program that Memaker becomes part of the installer for ubuntu and
avatars for users can be created with it.  Very exciting! I also hope to
make this part of the gnome environment. And a qt version is coming too.
Hope some of you can help out.

To see a video of Memaker in action:
http://brower.homelinux.org/memakervid.ogg
It has changed a lot since and is working much better than the video
shows.  For example... it is much faster.'
---
Thanks for the help,
Jason Brower