[Tango-artists] Programming filetype icons

Simon Otter simon at otter.se
Fri Feb 23 12:02:06 PST 2007

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 20:50:51 +0100, andypaxo <tango at andypaxo.net> wrote:

> Apologies if this is received more than once, I seem to be having some
> trouble with the list.
>
> I have created a number of icons, mainly for programming types. These
> icons are only large size / svg at the moment.
> I will create all sizes for icons which this list feels should be
> included in the Tango set.
>
> As there are quite a few, the icons are on a web page, rather than being
> an attachment:
> http://andypaxo.net/tango-demo/index.xhtml
>
> There are icons for:
> XML
> Object files (*.o)
> C++ (*.cc, *.cpp)
> C++ header (*.hh, *.hpp)
> C (*.c)
> C header (*.h)
> Makefile
>
> Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I like these alot. Albeit a bit few it's a good start. The XML-icon could
obviously be used for a lot of stuff, like XHTML and SVG.

I'm just a bit concerned that the purple icons, for headers and such would
create inconsistencies if one extends with more languages, since few
modern programming languages use header files.

--
Yours Sincerely Simon Otter