[Tango-artists] Icons for inclusion

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Wed Feb 28 08:55:57 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 08:59 -0700, Andy Palmowski wrote:
> Hi, I recently sent a few icons to this list (available for viewing at
> http://andypaxo.net/tango-demo/index.xhtml ). Some of these icons have
> now been completed in all sizes.
>
> Please forgive my ignorance of how this project works - How do you
> submit items for inclusion in the icon library or extras package?

Icons can be submitted on this mailing list, as you have done. However,
tango-icon-theme is meant to be an implementation of the Tango Style,
and the base Icon Naming Spec, and is not meant to be a full icon theme
that provides icons for every possible device/file/etc... So, these
icons, nor any other submissions for the same file types, will be going
into tango-icon-theme.

The -extras package was originally meant to provide extra icons, like
these, but I don't think they belong there either. It currently includes
the iPod icons and a couple other multimedia-player icons, but I would
like for the -extras package to go away in the near future, as we work
on getting more complete extension packages built, under a better
license, that will install to the GNOME theme.

Your contributions are welcome, and if you hang out in IRC, it will be
easier to provide feedback and help the icons improve. While these
specific icons probably won't be going into our theme packages, there
are plenty of other icons that do need to be drawn still. Your help
with those would also be greatly appreciated.

-- dobey