[Tango-artists] Where to install application specific icons

Jaap Haitsma jaap at haitsma.org
Sat Jun 16 07:03:13 PDT 2007

Hi,

Is there a rule where to store application specific icons. I read in
the icon spec that the application icon should always be installed in
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/{icon_size}/apps.

For application specific icons I saw two different approaches in gnome
power manager and rhythmbox

In gnome-power-manager for example the icons indicating the charge of
the battery are all installed in
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/{icon_size}/apps

In Rhytmbox icons indicating new radio stations, playlists etc. are
installed in /usr/share/rhythmbox/hicolor/{icon_size}/{apps|status|actions}

Is their a recommended approach?

Jaap