[Tango-artists] Icon for "save all" documents

André Wyrwa a.wyrwa at gmx.de
Wed May 23 08:38:05 PDT 2007

Hei,

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 16:24 +0200, Lapo Calamandrei wrote:
> I don't think that icon will work, it's way to crowdy, you should do
> the 16x16 icon first probably since it's the one you have in the
> menus. Anyway there is really the need for such an icon?

Yepp, i wonder about that as well.

Evolution uses one on the "save all" button for attachments, but it
actually uses the standard save icon. Some apps (OpenOffice.org) allow
adding a save all toolbar button, though, so it could be good for them.

Otherwise, most apps i've seen, don't accompany the menu entry with an
icon, which i think is good. Actually better than having a similar icon,
because the mere fact of a menu icon being present for the entry or not
helps in finding the most common entries more quickly.

But i'd suppose this is more on the application site to decide. So
having an icon around for special cases might still be a good thing?

André.