[Tango-artists] Another License Enquiry

Mark Unwin munwin99 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 20 18:47:35 PDT 2007

First, thanks to all the people who contribute to the Tango icon set - they rock, as do you.

Second, can anyone tell me what issues there are, if I wish to use a Tango Icon on a business card / polo shirt ? I am starting a company to sell services based around OpenSource software, and would like to use one of the Tango icons in my companies logo. Online, I can simply make a license / attribution page, and am only too happy to do so. But what about printed material ? Polo-Shirts, Business Cards, etc ? I can't really put the licensing terms on those items.

Can it be that I simply cannot use the icons for those purposes ? I really hope not !!!

In the meantime, I shall go research the CC-SA license. If I can find an answer, will post back here, but any comments would be appreciated.

TIA,
Mark Unwin.