[Tango-artists] Request for Xfce weather icons

Erik Xian erikxian at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 08:59:16 PDT 2008

Erik Xian wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone would make Tango weather icons for Xfce's
> weather applet, which contains about 30 unique weather icons that
> cover a variety of weather conditions. It encompasses thunderstorms,
> windy, blizzards, showers, wintry mixes, drizzles, heavy rain,
> flurries, light snow, fog, cold conditions, cloudy, mostly cloudy (one
> for day and one for night), partly cloudy (same), clear (same), few
> clouds (same), hot conditions, windy with snow, nighttime showers,
> nighttime snow, nighttime thunderstorms and unknown. I think they all
> have to be 48x48 png files although the actual files are 80x80 and
> scaled down...
>
> Anyone up for it? I'd really appreciate having Tango-compliant weather
> icons for Xfce! Thanks!
>
> — Erik

Sorry for doubling up on messages, but I felt it was necessary to
mention that the actual icon set that comes with Xfce's weather plugin
includes 49 icons. 19 of them are duplicates. I take this to mean that
several conditions appear to use the same icon but may in fact use
different icons. If it's possible, one should figure out to what these
19 duplicates correspond, thereby making the Tango icon set a superior
one to the one that comes with Xfce.

— Erik