[Tango-artists] Icon naming theme and installers

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Fri Aug 29 02:39:30 PDT 2008

Rodney Dawes wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 09:27 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
>
>> Just for the installer, it appears we have a few names:
>>
>> Tango: system-installer
>> gnome: system-software-install (old name?: system-software-installer)
>> Bluecurve: icon-install-software
>>

> The only one of these which is following the spec, is gnome. The icon in
> Tango was from before an "install" icon was added to the spec (we only
> had the update icon previously). And I don't know what the hell
> Bluecurve was thinking.

I guess Bluecurve used whatever name Garrett thought would work at the
time (pre any kind of spec ages).
Is Bluecurve even used to any extent in Fedora these days though, isn't
it mist+gnome-icon-theme?
Should probably file a bug on the bluecurve package to fix the name
either way.

>> The page at http://tango-project.org/Tango_Icon_Library#Download also
>> redirects to a domain parking website -- probably not what is wanted.
>>

> tango.freedesktop.org is the proper domain to use.

I've intended to look into this for some time now, but haven't gotten
around to it.
Lots of places link to tango-project.org, so I think it would be a good
thing to get that domain again (I can pay for it).
- Andreas