[Tango-artists] Icon for XEmacs.

Aidan Kehoe kehoea at parhasard.net
Thu Jan 17 02:33:10 PST 2008

Hi,

I’m one of the developers of XEmacs, a multiplatform GPLed editor and Lisp
interpreter. For our OS X port, we need a scalable, good-looking icon for
the editor itself--up to now, on X11 and Win32 we’ve been using non-scalable
pixmap icons that have worked quite well there, though I think we’d be happy
to change them to match a new scalable icon.

I’m sure I could come up with something, but I would much prefer to leave it
to someone with a real inclination to this sort of work. Does anyone here
fit the bill?

Slightly independent of that, I suspect that if we move to following the
Freedesktop.org Icon Theme Spec,
http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-theme-spec/ , and default to using the
existing Tango icons, the GUI will look better on all platforms and
integrate much better with KDE and Gnome. But that’s another day’s work.

Thank you,

	Aidan Kehoe
--
¿Dónde estará ahora mi sobrino Yoghurtu Nghé, que tuvo que huir
precipitadamente de la aldea por culpa de la escasez de rinocerontes?