[Tango-artists] Headset icon for Ekiga

Jakub Steiner jimmac at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 06:45:55 PDT 2008

Hola vdepizzol,
first of all, excellent job on the icon. As for the high res size,
nothing has been specced out yet. I think it makes no sense to install
an SVG for it, because of all the filters and amount of detail. I
would simply suggest to install 256x256 bitmap, defining it as
Scalable. Anything above 48px should be using this variant.

After a few years, none of the theoretical benefits of using SVGs at
runtime have been actually used. No translatable strings, no custom
color themes. Even just having the SVGs rendered 100% remains a
problem across rendering libraries. The biggest benefit is simply for
the artist during icon creation. I would suggest using a bitmap format
for icon theme deployment, thresholding the small sized bitmaps
(16x16,22x22,32x32,48x48) and using this high res size for 49px and
up.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac at gmail.com>