[Tango-artists] one-canvas workflow

Jakub Steiner jimmac at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 05:00:45 PDT 2008

> So, by now we'll have a "svg" folder with the sources, right? What
> about the sources already created? Are they supposed to be updated
> with this new workflow or there is going to be a mix with the "new"
> and "old" sources?

Hola.

This is the part that really sucks. If anybody came up with a way to
automate importing existing assets into the template somehow, that
would really rock. I am guessing the only way to do this is within
inkscape (extension). Just a text munging script on the SVGs isn't
really feasible here, I think.

I would definitely want to start from scratch for tango-lib, but doing
something like this for gnome-icon-theme for example is out of
question. The amount of manual work involved is quite big. Having a
way to assemble the sheets automatically would be a treat.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac at gmail.com>
http://jimmac.musichall.cz