[Tango-artists] Request to adopt CC-SA 3.0 license

UlisesVitulli uvitulli at fi.uba.ar
Thu Mar 20 10:46:58 PDT 2008

Hi folks!

First, thank you for all the work you've done and you are still doing!

I'm contacting you to request that current and future development art to
be re-licensed to Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0, instead
of using the old 2.5 license. CC people recommends updating licenses too[1]

I am suggesting this because the project I'm involved [2] in finds CC-SA
2.5 license not suitable for distribution under "free terms". This is
established with the DFSG (which most of actual open source
organizations social contracts are based in). They are a set of rules
that a software/art/documentation/etc must meet to be "free".

The differences among CC-SA 2.5 and CC-SA 3.0 are really slightly
different, and doesn't change the responsibilities/rights you have on it.

Please, consider this as an opportunity for your art to be even widely
adopted by developers and recognized by everyone!

Thanks in advance and have a nice day,

UlisesVitulli,
Debian GNU User/Admin/(pkg)Maintainer

refs: