[Tango-artists] Yet another Tango icons licensing question, with Artistic 2.0 this time

Rodney Dawes dobey.pwns at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 12:40:13 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 21:16 +0200, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
> Saluton Wolter :)
>
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:58:05 -0600, Wolter Hellmund dixit:
> > On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 17:34 +0200, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
> > wrote:
> > > - Creating an icon myself. I'm afraid it would be a very poor and
> > > ugly looking icon...
> >
> > Hey Raúl, I'm not a professional tango icon maker, but if you give me
> > some specifications I can give you a hand with the job.
>
> Thanks for your offer :) If I finally have to resort to doing the icon
> myself, I'll drop you a note :) Anyway, even I should be able to do a
> decent icon, "inspired" in those of gnome, tango et al. The application
> is a timer in the lines of timer-applet, but it is not an applet. I was
> planning to use gnome or tango "appointment" icons, which are simple
> clocks. The app can do with any kind of timer-looking icon, from a clock
> to a sportsclock to a kitchen clock (like the one timer-applet uses).
>
> I will bother you as a last resort, but I'm very grateful for your
> offer, thanks a lot :)

What application is it? What is its name? What does it do? It is best
to create a more branded icon for your application, than to simply
re-use an icon with a different metaphor. Does your app have anything
at all to do with managing appointments in the desktop's calendar?
If not, I would say that an icon based on the existing appointment
icons is probably rather bad, regardless of how nice and tango styled
it is.

If you can describe the application better, or perhaps also provide
a few screen shots, then we can provide better feedback.

Thanks,
Rodney