[Telepathy] Avatar interface proposal

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 07:01:50 PDT 2006

Raphael Slinckx wrote:
> The connection manager doesn't have to store the image data, it can just
> store the hash or whatever short value, and download the data when
> needed (before emitting AvatarUpdated). If i follow correctly the
> discussion..

Yeah, I don't think we want the connection managers to be stateful
across connections like this. They're meant to be protocol translators,
not clients themselves. All avatar protocols on various networks center
around the idea of broadcasting some token which changes when the avatar
does, and clients then go and grab the new image either from the server
or via a P2P mechanism.

> raf

Regards,
Rob