[Telepathy] Invited and waiting for approval

Raphaël Slinckx raphael at slinckx.net
Tue Sep 26 16:28:25 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 12:35 -1000, Jimen Ching wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Which of the Telepathy API provides the 'waiting for approval' state of a
> contact?  A few protocols have the feature that requires approval before
> being added to someone's roster.  Note, I'm not talking about multi-user
> chat.  This feature is for one's personal account roster.

You have various lists when dealing with a telepathy group (the contact
list group in this case).

If a member is in the local_pending list, it means that the member has
added you in his buddy list, but you have to accept this addition on
your end.

So when a member is in your local_pending it means "Waiting for your
authorization"

The other possibility is to have a contact in the remote_pending group.
This means that you added someone to your contact list but the other end
has to approve it.

So when a member is in your remote_pending group, it means "Waiting for
remote authorization"

These groups have also various semantics when they are applied to
media-streaming conferences or MUC rooms. You can try to deduce them
from the above explanation.

Raf