[Telepathy] OLPC properties via text channel properties?

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Tue Aug 14 14:49:49 PDT 2007

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 at 23:16:59 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> The OLPC activity interfaces (the activity properties interface, and the
> activities and current-activity parts of the buddy properties) are currently
> rather odd - they have an API that lets you claim to be in activities
> you're not actually in, lets you be in activities without saying so, and
> theoretically lets you change the properties of activities you're not in.

For the gabble-smcv-invites branch I've refactored like this:

* The "Activities" are a subset of the MUCs you're in (not yet enforced)
  and represent those activities you want to advertise that you're in,
  i.e. those activities you want to share with everyone

* You can set activity properties on any MUC you're actually in

* When you set activity properties on a room that's in your "Activities"
  list, they're published in a PEP node

* When you invite someone to a room, you send the activity properties
  (if you know them) regardless of whether it's in your Activities list