[Telepathy] some questions for telepathy spec

mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com
Mon Aug 20 00:51:18 PDT 2007

Hi,

________________________________

	From: telepathy-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org [mailto:telepathy-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of ext Liangjing Zhao
	Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 9:35 AM
	To: telepathy at lists.freedesktop.org
	Subject: [Telepathy] some questions for telepathy spec

	However,  after I read the spec of telepathy http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec.html , I have few questions:

	1. Via the methods of org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Type.Text interface, client can send and receive text message with contact. But how can I identify the encode of the messages? should I read this encode information from the channel properties?

On the Telepathy side, message text and other user-readable data are considered plain text in UTF-8.

	 2. As we know, some protocol (SIP/SIMPLE) provides a feature that the text chatting (send / receive text message) happens in a session. Under telepathy framework, how the session can be identified ? Or currently, telepathy can not support this feature ?

A chat session is represented by a channel object implementing org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Type.Text.

Best regards,
  Mikhail