[Telepathy] Rich presence

mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com
Wed Dec 5 03:50:36 PST 2007

Hi,

PIDF-LO is an extension to PIDF, described in RFC 4119.
Its usage for practical purposes (what do you want, it's IETF)
is further clarified by this draft:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-geopriv-pdif-lo-profile

It can express what XEP 80 does and more. There are interesting locations
like arc bands and rectangles/prisms, which cannot be boiled down to a point-accuracy
ellipsoid without losing information.
Also, it takes care to specify units and the coordinate system, which go by silent
assumption elsewhere.

>I also
>implemented the interface in Gabble. I'll try and put up a
>spec patch soon.

Great, I'm looking forward to see it.

BR,
  Mikhail