[Telepathy] Question in telepathy-glib DynamicHandleRepo

mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com mikhail.zabaluev at nokia.com
Mon Dec 10 03:55:25 PST 2007

Hi,
________________________________

	From: telepathy-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org [mailto:telepathy-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of ext Naveen Verma
	Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 10:33 AM
	To: telepathy at lists.freedesktop.org
	Subject: [Telepathy] Question in telepathy-glib DynamicHandleRepo

	I am using telepathy-glib to write a connection manager. In telepathy-glib we have TpDynamicHandleRepo GObject to allocate/deallocate the handles dynamically. In the tp_dynamic_handle_repo_new(), we need to set TpDynamicHandleRepoNormalizeFunc  function pointer. I did not understand the use of this function from the document.Is this function is to create a unique user id to map with a handle?

	Could anyone please help me to understand use of this function?

Its purpose is to normalize a requested handle string accordingly to the backend protocol's normalization conventions for identifiers.
For example, if your protocol says that user names are case insensitive, this function should probably convert the handle string to lowercase so that "MyUser" and "myuser" resolve to same handle.

Hope this helps,
  Mikhail