[Telepathy] Review: telepathy-spec-stream

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 01:05:40 PDT 2007

Le vendredi 01 juin 2007 à 17:31 +0100, Simon McVittie a écrit :
> Some comments on http://projects.collabora.co.uk/~monkey/telepathy-spec-stream/:
>
> * When documenting <tp:enumvalue suffix="Stream_Unix",
>
>   * it should be <tp:docstring xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
>     and contain some <p> tags for paragraphing

done. I did that for D-Bus tube's documentation too.

>   * "traffic through Unix socket" -> "traffic through a Unix stream socket"

done.

>   * "the connection managers exports" -> "the connection manager exports"
>     (and start a new paragraph)

fixed.

>   * "these pair of sockets" -> "this pair of sockets"

fixed

> * When documenting OfferDBusTube,
>
>   * in parameters, "A dicionary of properties" -> "A dictionary of
>     service-specific parameters"

fixed

>   * In NotImplemented, "Connection Manager doesn't" -> "The connection manager
>     doesn't"

fixed.

> * OfferStreamUnixTube:
>
>   * give the docstring xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" and use

Done but href attribute seems to be ignored during spec generation:
<a>
            http://www.dns-sd.org/ServiceTypes.html</a>

>   * we still haven't reached a conclusion about the type of the "socket"
>     parameter? I think it should be 'ay' rather than 's'; ditto for
>     GetStreamUnixSocketAddress

I'm OK to change but then maybe some words in the spec about why we use
this type instead of a simple string could be useful.
Actually, I'm still not sure to under the real reason of this. It's
about abstract sockets who can have NULL in their path or something?

Thanks for you review

	G.