[Telepathy] Standardising Mission Control

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 14 02:17:26 PDT 2007

ext Xavier Claessens wrote:
> Up. Still no comments? I want to implement that I really need it for
> empathy. Is that ok?

I think we are missing a parameter in FilterChannel, that is if the
channel is incoming or outgoing (and maybe in RegisterFilter, too); I
guess this information can be found out by looking at the channel
members, but since MC knows it, I think that most filters would benefit
from that.

I think we should also allow for another parameter to RegisterFilter for
specifying the priority of execution of the filter, and figure out a few
classes of priorities, such as "system", "user notification",...
It would be user unfriendly to have a filter that asks the user for
incoming channel acceptance, and then have the channel blocked because
the initiatior is in some blacklist.

Ciao,
   Alberto

--