[Telepathy] Spec for file-transfer and tubes

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 08:19:06 PDT 2007

Ar 11/03/2007 am 22:43, ysgrifennodd Mads Chr. Olesen:
> On fre, 2007-03-09 at 17:40 +0000, Dafydd Harries wrote:
> >  - I'm not keen on the Ready() method, as only one client can call it. I'd
> >    prefer a ListTubes method so that any client can recover the state of the
> >    channel. This allows different clients to decide whether they want to
> >    handle an incoming tube.
> I'm not sure that the state of a Tube is generally recoverable. A Tube
> can definitely not be shared between two different clients.
>
> I was thinking of doing one client = one TubeNegotiation = many tubes.
> Your proposal implies many clients = one TubeNegotiation pr. contact =
> many tubes.

What about the role of Mission Control in handling tubes? When a tube
negotiation channel appears, which application should it launch? It can't
really make a useful decision until it knows what kind of tube is being
offered, and if this application gets started by Mission Control, it's going
to need to be able to recober the state of the tube.

--
Dafydd