[Telepathy] Spec changes: tube API

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Tue May 22 13:17:41 PDT 2007

Ar 22/05/2007 am 17:38, ysgrifennodd Guillaume Desmottes:
> Le mardi 22 mai 2007 à 16:33 +0100, Robert McQueen a écrit :
> > Mads Chr. Olesen wrote:
> > > That ASCII-art just cracked me up :-D
> >
> > Me too! Intertrons!
> >
> > > Instead of changing the current method to create all kinds of tubes,
> > > with all possible parameters, what about making separate methods for
> > > each kind of tube?
> > > OfferDTube(s: service, a{sv}: parameters)
> > > OfferStreamTube(s: socket_addr, a{sv}: parameters)
> > > OfferDataGramTube(...)
> > > I can only think of a limited number of different tube-types, so having
> > > it abstracted in an enum actually doesn't make that much sense to me.
> >
> > Wow! This is actually a pretty neat idea. I don't really know why we
> > didn't think of it sooner. Comments?
>
> Sounds good to me (but we'll still need the enum for the type field in
> ListTubes or NewTube).

+1

I think we were trying to over-generalise things.

Does this imply a GetStreamSocketAddress (u: tube ID) -> s for the benefit of
clients connecting to stream tubes (D in my diagram)? What ought it do if the
tube it's caled on is a listening stream tube (initiator == self)?

--
Dafydd