[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: Empathy 0.5

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Fri May 25 07:22:57 PDT 2007

Empathy 0.5 is now available for download from:

23143686a879b927d456ea8a7b8c4c6c  empathy-0.5.tar.gz
e363689295c78ad62d323111a0176ea5  empathy-0.5.tar.bz2

What is it?
Empathy consists of a rich set of reusable instant messaging widgets,
and a GNOME client using those widgets. It uses Telepathy and Nokia's
Mission Control, and reuses Gossip's UI. The main goal is to permit
desktop integration by providing libempathy and libempathy-gtk
libraries. libempathy-gtk is a set of powerful widgets that can be
embeded into any GNOME application.

Empathy homepage: http://live.gnome.org/Empathy

What's New?
 - Do not highlight groups when adding them in the roster.
 - Do not create new GossipContact object in presence/avatar/alias
   signal if we don't already know that contact from a contact list
   This should fix DBus max pending calls limit reached in some cases.
 - New icon for empathy-new-message, empathy-group-message and
 - Chatroom support. New objects: GossipNewChatroomDialog,
 - If we are offline do not set away on idle. If we are already away
restore to
   available when we are no mode idle. Do no modify status message.
 - Fixed message displaying with fancy themes.
 - Many bugs fixed.

Bugs Fixed:

Empathy team