[Telepathy] suppot for serverless IM

Michael Schmidt schmidtm524 at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 12 06:21:45 PDT 2007

Hi Simon

thanks for the advice, telepathy for kde and empathy for gome and in
general using Bonjour.... mh.. i am not familiar with linux and cannot
bring it in, just use the idea and support it, Bonjour is just another
DHT to find a serverless connection. Retroshare offers much more like
encrypted and safe communication, unlogable and without servers.
The IM protocol might redesigned later, see the wiki
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1834409&forum_id=618174
so.. it might be a serverless jabber. But it would be cool, if someone
of you can tied the new IM to telepathy. As it is encrypted, in any
case both users have to install something, either encryption or a
serverless IM, so.. why not right in the beginning using RS? Getting a
new installation is not the reason not to have this serverless
protocol, which is indeed messaging from PGP to PGP key. this is a
cool definition and the DHT makes it serverless. If it is Kad C or
Bonjour or Opendht.
So... as I am not a coder, thanks for the references, but just use the
ideas to get yourself on and maybe implement a basic interface for
this... we really need communication serverless unlogable and
encrypted. maybe you can help out
thanks Mike