[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: Empathy 0.21.1

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 13:22:55 PDT 2007

Empathy 0.21.1 is now available for download from:
http://download.gnome.org/sources/empathy/0.21/

9c616cac7a61af6285c96c4878789d06  empathy-0.21.1.tar.gz
dff1f9f60920cd41bf56bc121eba0b19  empathy-0.21.1.tar.bz2

What is it?
===========
Empathy consists of a rich set of reusable instant messaging widgets,
and a GNOME client using those widgets. It uses Telepathy and Nokia's
Mission Control, and reuses Gossip's UI. The main goal is to permit
desktop integration by providing libempathy and libempathy-gtk
libraries. libempathy-gtk is a set of powerful widgets that can be
embeded into any GNOME application.

Where can I find out more?
==========================
You can visit the project web site:
http://live.gnome.org/Empathy

What's New?
===========
 - Cleanup licences and copyrights, Modules with 100% collabora code are
now
   relicenced to LGPL.
 - Hide main window with ALT-F4.
 - Set chat state to ACTIVE when receiving a message from a contact,
avoid
   staying in COMPOSING state forever for protocols like MSN that do not
notify
   when contact stoped writing.
 - Don't use deprecated Gtk/GLib API. Mainly replace GtkTooltips by new
   tooltip API from GTK 2.12.
 - Use g_timeout_add_seconds when appropriated to avoid weaking the
process too
   much.
 - Implement EmpathyAvatarChooser and EmpathyAvatarImage and make use of
them in
   contact information windows. That means we can now enlarge avatars
when
   clicking on it and we can set our own avatar if we edit our own
contact.
 - Implement edit personal information window, no vcard supported yet,
but it's
   not possible to set our own alias/avatar.
 - Bump version to 0.21.1 for GNOME 2.21.1 release.

Bugs Fixed:
===========
- Fixed #483168, crash in Empathy Instant Messenger: I had dragged a
contact ... (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #457740, empathy does not work with telepathy-sofiasip (Jamey
Hicks)
- Fixed #470418, Icon install location (Michael Monreal)
- Fixed #470804, Generic column names in empathy-contact-list-store.h
(Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #481860, Substandard .desktop file (patch against latest SVN
attached) (Stephane Loeuillet)
- Fixed #482889, Uninitialized GErrors (Marco Barisione)
- Fixed #490075, View Previous Conversations (Michael Monreal)
- Fixed #490076, Contact list name (Michael Monreal)
- Fixed #490077, History dialog back/forward icons (Michael Monreal)
- Fixed #490079, Personal Information icon (Michael Monreal)
- Fixed #490080, History icon (Michael Monreal, Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #490086, Manage Favorites title (Michael Monreal)
- Fixed #490125, Add an accelerator for the "Clear" menu item in the
chat window (Marco Barisione)
- Fixed #490159, Contact information window title (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #490173, Emoticon spec (Michael Monreal)
- Fixed #482190, gtk_action_set_sensitive() called on NULL action (Marco
Barisione)

Translations:
- Updated fr: Claude Paroz
- Updated sv: Daniel Nylander