[Telepathy] release: telepathy-gabble 0.6.0

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 01:57:18 PDT 2007

This is the first Gabble release in the 0.6 series. It will track Telepathy
spec version 0.16.

Highlights since 0.5.14:

 - works around problem with Google servers where offline messages appear as
   notices
 - fixes various crashes and hangs when dealing with aliases and avatars
 - doesn't emit bogus CapabilitiesChanged signals

Tarball:

http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble-0.6.0.tar.gz

Change log:

Fri Sep 28 09:48:00 BST 2007  Dafydd Harries <dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk>
  tagged telepathy-gabble 0.6.0

Fri Sep 28 09:47:59 BST 2007  Dafydd Harries <dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk>
  * version 0.6.0

Wed Sep 26 15:01:44 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * Remove false comment from configure.ac

Wed Sep 26 14:24:51 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * test-vcard-set-and-get: ignore the AvatarUpdated signal with empty token caused by the initial vCard fetch

Thu Sep 27 16:56:20 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * configure.ac: check for function presence instead of GLib version

Thu Sep 27 15:50:31 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * improved the g_hash_table_remove_all() detection

Thu Sep 27 14:47:59 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * Use replacement if g_hash_table_remove_all() isn't provided by GLib

Thu Sep 27 16:03:28 BST 2007  Dafydd Harries <dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk>
  * use MessageTypeNormal for offline messages without type attribute that Google server sends

Thu Sep 27 09:44:42 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * presence.c: properly include time.h

Wed Sep 26 13:14:08 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * debug.h: use better definition of DEBUG and NODE_DEBUG in the non-debug case

Wed Sep 26 13:13:16 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * debug.h: NODE_DEBUG: allow s argument to be non-literal (and don't break if it contains %)

Tue Sep 25 18:56:01 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * Move debug message so it's after SHA-1 has actually been calculated

Tue Sep 25 17:16:24 BST 2007  Dafydd Harries <dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk>
  * add test for spurious new text channels

Tue Sep 25 17:13:19 BST 2007  Dafydd Harries <dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk>
  * don't create new text channel if we receive a message with a chat state but no body

Tue Sep 25 15:57:57 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * fixed merge conflicts

Mon Sep 24 12:13:10 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * test-caps-update.py: make it clear that we don't depend on gabble version for the test

Mon Sep 24 12:11:20 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * presence-cache.c: simplify presence change detection, ensure we use newly created presence

Fri Sep 21 13:04:36 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * added test for CapabilitiesChanged signal emission

Thu Sep 20 16:27:43 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * presence-cache.c: emit capabilities update only once after all caps uris have been processed

Tue Sep 25 15:05:11 BST 2007  Dafydd Harries <dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk>
  * gabble_connection_dispose: free the vCard manager and the roster after the request pipeline, so that any callbacks from request cancellations can use them

Tue Sep 25 15:03:02 BST 2007  Dafydd Harries <dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk>
  * vCard manager: emit got-self-initial-avatar even when our vCard doesn't contain an avatar

Tue Sep 25 15:00:28 BST 2007  Dafydd Harries <dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk>
  * RequestAliases: ref the handles we're getting aliases for for the duration of the call

Tue Sep 25 14:59:08 BST 2007  Dafydd Harries <dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk>
  * GetKnownAvatarTokens: store connection in request struct so that it's valid later

Tue Sep 25 13:31:11 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * Add gabble-testing.log to _boring

Tue Sep 25 12:19:18 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * GabbleRequestPipeline: remove misleading comment

Tue Sep 25 12:16:18 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * gabble_connection_request_aliases(): fixed LmConnection ref leak

Tue Sep 25 10:25:07 BST 2007  Dafydd Harries <dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk>
  * conn-aliasing.c: plug leak of PEP request array

Tue Sep 25 10:02:29 BST 2007  Dafydd Harries <dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk>
  * plug memory leak in GetCapabilities

Mon Sep 24 12:44:18 BST 2007  Dafydd Harries <dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk>
  * tests/Makefile.am: sort TWISTED_TESTS

Fri Sep 21 15:19:12 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * presence.c: separate caps filtering and resource ordering more logically

Fri Sep 21 13:54:50 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * test-gabble-presence.c: test for correct ordering of resources when picking for voip call

Thu Sep 20 13:14:35 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * gabble_presence_pick_resource_by_caps: simplified resource comparison

Thu Sep 20 09:08:55 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * GabblePresence: pick resource based on (presence, last activity timestamp, priority) ordering

Thu Sep 20 09:07:41 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * GabbleVCardManager: don't crash while updating vcard node if old one wasn't set

Wed Sep 19 17:05:36 BST 2007  Senko Rasic <senko.rasic at collabora.co.uk>
  * GabbleVCardManager: don't expect that patched node exists in case of stream errors

Wed Sep 12 17:55:14 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * Sync check-c-style.sh from telepathy-glib: use [:upper:] and friends instead of A-Z

Wed Sep 12 17:51:53 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * src/Makefile.am: use [:upper:]

Wed Sep 12 17:51:38 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * extensions/Makefile.am: use [:upper:] and [:lower:]

Wed Sep 12 17:22:14 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  UNDO: Force coding style checks to be non-fatal until we get all the MACRO(foo) invocations replaced with MACRO (foo)

Wed Sep 12 17:22:14 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * Force coding style checks to be non-fatal until we get all the MACRO(foo) invocations replaced with MACRO (foo)

Wed Sep 12 16:34:01 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * Add write-only support for invite-restricted

Fri Sep  7 12:27:03 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * Correct default TOP_SRCDIR in update-spec-gen-am.sh

Fri Sep  7 12:24:53 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * Sync code-generation tools from telepathy-glib

Thu Sep  6 12:39:50 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * Inline gabble_conn_aliasing_get_cached_pep_alias into its only caller, which is now in the same file

Thu Sep  6 12:37:38 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * Move _gabble_connection_get_cached_alias to conn-aliasing.c

Thu Sep  6 12:33:48 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * _gabble_connection_get_cached_alias: don't rely on having access to priv

Thu Sep  6 12:29:45 BST 2007  Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk>
  * Move connection_nickname_update_cb to conn-aliasing.c

Thu Sep  6 18:31:16 BST 2007  Dafydd Harries <dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk>
  * version 0.5.14.1

Thu Sep  6 16:04:17 BST 2007  Dafydd Harries <dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk>
  tagged telepathy-gabble 0.5.14