[Telepathy] Proposal for changes on tp-qt4

Andre Moreira Magalhaes andre.magalhaes at collabora.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 04:37:38 PST 2008

Hi all,

So after taking a look at the tp-qt4 code and structure I came up with
some ideas that IMHO could be improvements. Those are basically
structural changes, so here is a list of changes I would like to make:

- Move all client code from TelepathyQt4 to TelepathyQt4/Client, this
includes moving all cli-*.* files to the Client subdir and renaming
them, removing the cli- prefix.
- In the code generation process we are creating source files in a
directory called TelepathyQt4/_gen that will be installed. As these
files may and probably will be used by applications, I suggest not
putting this files in the _gen dir, instead we should put them in the
same dir as the helper classes but with a different nomenclature. For
example the generated files for connection-manager.xml would go to
TelepathyQt4/Client/connection-manager-interface.* not conflicting with
the helper class called TelepathyQt4/Client/connection-manager-*. So all
generated files would have a suffix -interface.*.
- As the generated files will also be exported I suggest creating header
files for them the same way we do for the helper classes. Example:
TelepathyQt4/Client/connection-manager-interface.h would have a
corresponding TelepathyQt4/Client/ConnectionManagerInterface.

So please let me know what do you think about these changes. If you
agree I can do them and send to review. I would suggest doing that now
that we don't have too much code, so it wouldn't be a really big change :)

BR
Andrunko