[Telepathy] regarding telepathy-inspector on maemo

harini satyanarayanan hpundis1 at binghamton.edu
Mon Feb 11 04:34:24 PST 2008

Hi,
    I am working on getting some telepathy applications to work on maemo. I
assumed that since telepathy and all supporting libraries are readily
available on maemo 4.0 all the telepathy applications would work as is on
maemo.

I was trying to run telepathy-inspector-4.0 on maemo-4.0. The application
did not work as expected, this is the error log that I recieved,

telepathy-inspector[7034]: GLIB CRITICAL ** Gtk -
gtk_tree_model_get_n_columns: assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_MODEL (tree_model)'
failed
telepathy-inspector[7034]: GLIB CRITICAL ** Gtk -
gtk_combo_box_entry_set_text_column: assertion `text_column <
gtk_tree_model_get_n_columns (gtk_combo_box_get_model (GTK_COMBO_BOX
(entry_box)))' failed
Error: Connection is disconnected
telepathy-inspector[7034]: GLIB WARNING ** default - Unable to get the
window id
telepathy-inspector[7034]: GLIB DEBUG default - The change is in response to
a user request
telepathy-inspector[7034]: GLIB DEBUG default - There was an error sending
or receiving on the network socket.

I am facing this problem with most of the telepathy application, It tries to
connect to the server but is unable to do so. I am not sure if it a problem
with handling dbus messages. I have written a .service file for all these
applications but still it does not work, does anyone know what has to be
done for these applications to work on maemo.

Telepathy-inspector may be a slightly old application but I was trying it
out since I wanted a feel of how to develop applications using telepathy.

Sorry about so many questions, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Harini