[Telepathy] Accessing the ContactList for a connection.

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Fri Feb 15 03:43:42 PST 2008

Dafydd Harries wrote:
> Ar 15/02/2008 am 01:16, ysgrifennodd Michael R. Head:
>> Yeah... I've got it all loaded into devhelp. So actually I'm a little
>> confused as to the relationship between libtelepathy and telepathy-glib.
>> Should I be using one or the other or both?
>
> libtelepathy is older and provides client-side support only. telepathy-glib
> began as a library for writing connection managers, but is replacing
> libtelepathy's client-side API while incorporating lessons learned from
> libtelepathy's mistakes. While it's not yet finished, I think at this point it
> should be good enough for you to use. Feedback on its API is welcome.

The client API in tp-glib is complete (in terms of exposing all the spec
functionality) as of 0.7.2, but feedback may result in further
convenience APIs being added. However, the version on the current Maemo
chinook SDK is an earlier version just for the use of connection
managers, so the client-side APIs won't be available for Michael at the
moment.

Regards,
Rob