[Telepathy] MissionControl's spec

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 8 01:42:28 PST 2008

Other few things:

1) It seems that channel handlers cannot prevent a channel from being
dispatched, other than not emitting the Dispatch signal; I think we need
to add a boolean parameter to this signal, that tells MC whether it has
to continue invoking other channel handlers or if should close the channel.
I didn't notice this, because I assumed that channel handlers where
allowed to close the channels; but in the specs I read this "Chandlers
should never close channels, instead they should simply emit Dispatch
signal and MissionControl will close the channel if there is no lower
priority chandlers.", so something must be changed.

2) I guess that the client that calls RequestChannel() would like to
know if some errors occur; errors could be that the channel is not
created, or that some high priority channel handler closes blocks the
channel. In the former case, MissionControl has all the information it
needs; in the latter, we also need to add some error code to the CH
Dispatch signal (and here I miss a CloseWithReason() channel method in
Telepathy...).
Then MC must emit a signal (ChannelRequestFailed?) which carries the
information needed for the requestor of the channel to know that his
channel request failed, and the reason for it. I think the easies way
would be to have RequestChannel return an integer request_id, that would
then be used to identify the channel request in the ChannelRequestFailed
signal.

--
http://www.mardy.it <-- Geek in un lingua international!