[Telepathy] Review of MissionControl spec

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 24 02:21:50 PST 2008

ext Simon McVittie wrote:
> I actually meant signals that are emitted from AccountManager, but
> describe all the accounts (or possibly connections) individually if
> necessary... things that aren't Empathy do care about the status of particular
> accounts, but I think it'd be vanishingly rare to care about the status
> of account A but not about account B.

That's most likely true. But then, this also holds for presence; if
accounts status is to be moved to the AccountManager, presence
information should also go there, since a client that is interested in
the connection status is most likely also interested in presence.

Though I agree that it would be practical, aren't we going back to
something similar to the old messy API?

(not that I'm totally against it :-) )

Ciao,
   Alberto