[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-glib 0.7.12

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 03:10:17 PDT 2008

The "Channel.Interface.Useful" release.

Tarball:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-glib/telepathy-glib-0.7.12.tar.gz
Signature:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-glib/telepathy-glib-0.7.12.tar.gz.asc
Development branch in Darcs:
http://darcs.collabora.co.uk/darcs/telepathy/telepathy-glib

Enhancements:

* TpChannel and TpConnection can be subclassed (fd.o #14828, #14829)

* TpChannel has various convenience methods like tp_channel_get_channel_type(),
  which can be used as an alternative to its GObject properties

* Internally, TpChannel tries to use D-Bus core Properties (the GetAll
  method) to reduce round-trips; if that fails, it will automatically fall
  back to a series of normal method calls

* TpChannel tracks the Group interface automatically (fd.o #14180)

* tp_asv_size() has been added to the a{sv} convenience API, which now has
  its own file in the documentation

Fixes:

* For the moment, TpDBusPropertiesMixin raises Telepathy errors rather than
  D-Bus core errors on failure, due to fd.o #16776 in dbus-glib causing an
  assertion when DBUS_GERROR errors are raised

* TpConnectionManager no longer causes a crash if destroyed before it has
  read the .manager file (fd.o #16774, thanks to Sunil Mohan Adapa for the
  patch)

Dependencies:

* We no longer support automake 1.8.x, since even Maemo has had 1.9 for a
  while. We don't yet use any automake 1.9 features, but we will no longer
  test with 1.8 unless someone explains to me why a 4 year old version is
  still relevant :-)

Regards,
    Simon