[Telepathy] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-spec 0.17.8
simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 12:43:18 PDT 2008
telepathy-spec 0.17.8, the "more spec branches than brain cells" release.
The latest release is, as always, available from:
or for packagers (e.g. http://packages.debian.org/telepathy-spec):
* Use of handle = 0 in the Capabilities interface, to denote "capabilities of
the connection itself", is deprecated; it was never very clear what it meant,
it's not sufficiently expressive to describe new API that we plan to add,
and as far as I know, no connection manager implements it anyway.
* Connection.Interface.SimplePresence provides a simpler API for presence;
the old presence API turned out to be far more complicated than we needed
* ConnectionManager now has an Interfaces property for possible future
New experimental API:
* Connection.Interface.Contacts (also known as "the inspectotron") allows
retrieval of various contact attributes, and optionally holding the handles,
in a single D-Bus round-trip (as usual, we plan to make this official once
we've tried implementing it).
* To avoid naming conflicts and general confusion, we explicitly recommend
against naming connection managers after the protocol they implement, or
after a library they use
* doc-generator.xsl is a lot pickier about the spec's format, and will now
fail on various sorts of invalid markup
* doc-generator.xsl recognises <tp:dbus-ref> (to reference a D-Bus interface,
method, signal or property) and <tp:member-ref> (to reference a method,
signal or property of the current interface)
Release notes for projects using doc-generator.xsl:
* You'll probably need to clean up your spec markup!
* Set the allow-undefined-interfaces XSLT parameter to a true value (e.g.
run xsltproc with --param allow-undefined-interfaces "true()") if you are
compiling documentation for interfaces that depend on a third-party spec
(e.g. Telepathy extensions that reference the main Telepathy spec)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 155 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/telepathy/attachments/20080723/17934205/attachment.pgp
More information about the Telepathy