[Telepathy] Some FileTransfer spec comments

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 03:51:46 PST 2008

Le jeudi 06 novembre 2008 à 11:01 +0000, Guillaume Desmottes a écrit :
> B) Add a LocalFile interface that could be implemented on the current FT
> channel type. {Accept,Provide}File would raise an error if the transfer
> by socket is not implemented.

According IRC discussions, we'll go for this solution as the LocalFile
iface would be a workaround for CM that can't implement the right socket
approach.

The last (I hope!) remaining issue is to determine how a client can know
which FT type is implemented by the CM.

A solution would be to use the fixed_properties hash table of
Requestable_Channel_Class.

So a "good" CM would have something like:
ChannelType: FileTransfer, AvailableSocketTypes:
{ Socket_Address_Type_Unix => [Socket_Access_Control_Localhost,
Socket_Access_Control_Credentials]}, Interfaces: []

while a cracky CM would have:
ChannelType: FileTransfer, AvailableSocketTypes: {}, Interfaces:
LocalFile

Problem: according spec, fixed_properties are supposed to be mandatory
when requesting a channel. But it won't make sense to pass
AvailableSocketTypes and Interfaces properties to CreateChannel.
Maybe we could special case these properties in FT's documentation? Or
would it be considered as a Fixed_Properties abuse?

	G.