[Telepathy] stream-engine 0.5.5

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 15:42:47 PST 2008

Hello,

I'm proud to announce the 0.5.5 release of Stream-engine.

If you are a desktop-oriented Linux distribution, STOP HERE, this is not
for you.

This release:
 * uses libtelepathy-farsight to do the telepathy magic and uses
farsight2.
 * is NOT meant to be used with Empathy or any other desktop-based
client.
 * does NOT implement the same d-bus API as the older releases
 * assumes that the audio system is pulseaudio (but can also be made to
work with a similar system).
 * does NOT provide volume control.

Desktop applications MUST use libtelepathy-farsight directly.
Hopefully, in the not so distant future. Someone (maybe me) will write
helper libraries to make it easier to use it from a desktop application.
And someone (maybe me), will port Empathy to use libtp-fs.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Collabora Ltd