[Telepathy] telepathy-glib: *_run_* methods.

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 02:46:31 PST 2008

Ar 18/11/2008 am 14:50, ysgrifennodd Simon McVittie:
> Any event can occur during a _run_, including D-Bus signals, returns from
> other methods, etc., and the program has to cope gracefully.
> I'm somewhat regretting introducing those functions, for the reasons
> that Xavier and Alban pointed out. They can be useful in sufficiently
> controlled environments, though.

I think it was a worthwhile experiment. Making a C API that supports
asynchronicity well while being pleasant to use is a challenge. On balance, I
suspect that _run() semantics are more trouble than they're worth, but at
least we are trying.

--
Dafydd